Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Human Body...truly Amazing!

No matter how many times I experience it...it always amazes me. If you remember last week in my "Ouch...That Hurts" post, I described a somewhat sadistic workout...compliments of the Doc. In the days following that workout my legs were unbelievably sore. Well, I did the same workout yesterday, and while it was equally as challenging, I basically have no soreness in my legs...

I've experienced this a number of times with everything from lifting weights to jogging and the same two things always amaze me:

First, No matter how good of shape you think a particular muscle group is in...if you hit it in a slightly different manner, YOU WILL FEEL IT, BIG TIME!

Secondly, How quickly the body is able to adjust...It's ability to handle a given workout the second time around is exponentially better than the first.

2 Comments:

At 16/3/06 09:11, Blogger David Alexander said...

Tell me about it, i started using the Smith Machine last week. Let's just say walking required new skills after.

 
At 16/3/06 09:32, Blogger Jeff said...

Oh Yes...
I'm quite familiar with the ole "Smith Machine"...hadn't seen him in quite some time, thankfully!
Really wouldn't say we were ever friends, I think he use to hang out with that other bad boy..."The Wind"!
I've tried to be nice to both of them and make them my friends, it's just never worked out! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home