Monday, March 06, 2006

Bridge Out...Actually GONE!

NEWFLASH!!! I'm sure I'm one of the last people to realize this but the bridge in Spillman on Hwy 421 which has been closed for years, but was always "passable", is now gone. Given that the only other choice that I was aware of would have added about 15 miles to the ride, we opted for a little bike-swim-bike!
Now that I've had a chance to look at a map, looks like going back and taking Morris road would have gotten me back to JVC and only put us about 1.5 miles out of the way. I'll have to try and find out if Morris road is a viable option.
Speaking of surprises...What happened to Hwy 66, it looks the same but I thought it rode like S#it, I couldn't wait to get off of it.
Other notable surprises...Captain Doug's Bait Shop and General Store in Rosemound is a WiFi Hotspot...technology, got to love it!
To top off the day we stopped at Lola Blue's for a bite to eat on the way out of town, due to the pretty weather they had had a busy weekend, therefore they were out of about 90% of the menu choices...literally! No seafood, no bread for sandwiches, limited salads and dressing, etc. etc. That being said, the burgers and onion rings were slamming!

2 Comments:

At 9/3/06 14:29, Blogger Amy Alexander said...

Wow!!! So you finally did the St. Francisville triathlon we decided was "stupid" two years ago!!

 
At 9/3/06 15:02, Blogger Jeff said...

Amy-
That day was the first thought to go through my mind when faced with this situation :)
Two years ago was a "choice" (early in the ride), this time was a "necessity" (late in the ride).

As route coordinator for the day I feared a mutiny and great bodily harm had I suggested adding an unexpected 15 miles to the ride. Just for the record...the shoes stayed on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home