Monday, February 13, 2006

Worth the Wait...

Funny how some people in life remember things that others have long since forgotten. Got a call at work this morning from an old family friend. Drew and my brother Don were actually buddies in high school, even though Drew also works for the Sheriff's Department our paths pretty much rarely to never cross. Anyway, apparently in 1986 after purchasing my new Mazda RX-7, I let Drew take it for a spin. Drew being both a sports car enthusiast and the owner of a circa 1978 Toyota Corolla at the time truly enjoyed and appreciated this gesture...Fast forward to today, 20 years later, probably to the week if not to the day and Drew calls wanting to return the favor by letting me take his Brand New 400 hp, 6 speed manual, 2006 Corvette for a spin. COOL!

I'm sure the words necessary to do this machine justice exist, just not in my vocabulary...
Simple put F%$#ing AWESOME!

Other than having the pleasure of driving another friends Acura NSX on one occasion, nothing I've ever driven comes close in handling and acceleration - (Don't make me pick!).

My low light picture can't start to do this work of art justice, check it out at the Official Corvette site.

3 Comments:

At 14/2/06 09:58, Blogger David Alexander said...

wicked! i love the look of these, thought i'd miss the pop-up headlights, but they're really bad looking.

 
At 14/2/06 15:13, Blogger Jeff said...

I wish it was tied to our pay scale...
Drew is a unique individual...Forty-five years old, and single (which always helps in matters concerning money :) Drew's been talking about and probably saving for a vette for the last 25+ years.

 
At 15/2/06 14:39, Blogger Jeff said...

Hadn't heard?
I'm behind on current events...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home