Sunday, January 15, 2006

A good ride....

Had every intention of riding yesterday, however, in the process of waiting for it to warm up a little... I decided to straighten up my study by purging and shredding all the old "stuff" (bills, credit card statements, mutual fund statements, check stubs etc. etc.) At the same time Char decided to tackle cleaning out her closet...the day was gone.

Anyway, since we skipped yesterday and the wind looked like it was going to cooperate and stay in the single digits, we decided to do the loop today (70 miles).

It was a good day and a good ride, we saw the sports car enthusiast again today. Leading the pack was a red Ferrari Enzo followed by an orange Lamborghini Murcielago. Bringing up the rear was a pair of Ferrari 308's (one black, one red). While the old "Magnum PI" Ferrari is a nice car in it's own right...considering the company they were keeping, let's just say they were suffering by comparison.

One small bit of history from the "little known and less cared for" file...Char and I were at the Paris Auto show in September of 2002, which is where the Enzo was "officially unveiled".

Exotic cars aside (after all this is the second time I see this crew on River Road)...strangest and coolest part of today's ride was a guy playing the bagpipes on the levee...I promise, I can't make this stuff up. Anyway, if the sun and temperature hadn't been dropping so quick I would have had to turn around to go talk to him, or at least stop and listen for a while.

3 Comments:

At 16/1/06 13:21, Blogger Carrie said...

I saw a guy playing classical guitar at the lake on Saturday during my run. Also unusual (even for Austin!).

 
At 19/1/06 14:23, Blogger David Alexander said...

I never knew that you were at the Paris Auto Show, wow! The Enzo takes my breath away, i saw one, probably that one on River Road once. UNBELIEVABLE

Did you see a silver Porsche 911 with a big number on it's side Sunday? It passed me on my last lap. That one belongs to Brian Apsey who is a bike racer as well.

 
At 20/1/06 07:55, Blogger Jeff said...

Hadn't seen the Porsche -
The Paris Auto Show was actually pretty much an accident, we were on our trip and Char realized it was going on...had a free night, got directions and hopped on the subway...HUGE! Doesn't even begin to describe it.
As for the "Enzo crew" actually passed them twice on our last bike ride...they putted past us (on-coming) on the cut-threw by Yousef and came around us "rather quickly" on river road headed back home....IMPRESSIVE from any angle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home