Sunday, January 08, 2006

THE WIND...My friend? My @ss!

Had hopes of taking advantage of the unseasonably pleasant weather and riding both Saturday and Sunday of this weekend. Unfortunately, a leaking water pipe in the wall of my house ruined yesterday's plans...I'll skip all the boring details, lets just say it's now fixed but it was an all day project.

Therefore, Char and I talked about making today a long one and maybe doing the loop (about 70), that was until we checked the weather and saw what the wind had in mind for the day, so we decided on Yousef (about 40). My goal for the day was to, think positive and take SuperDave's advice and make the wind my friend.

Lets just say it was a love hate, relationship. When I was doing 24+ mph @ 69% of my mhr, it was a beautiful relationship. On the other hand, when I was doing between 11-12 mph @ 90% of mhr, it wasn't that great :) :)

However, I did realize one thing...either direction is better than fixing leaking pipes. It was a good day!

1 Comments:

At 9/1/06 07:57, Blogger David Alexander said...

Yesterday the wind was no one's friend, it was a punk ass bitch, and i mean that. I thought i was going to cry when it came my turn to pull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home