Friday, December 30, 2005

44, 41, and 7....

Oh yes, another year older...
Late December is kind of a big birthday time on Penny Lane, not only do Don, Easton (my nephew), and I, all share the same birthday (the 30th). The Doc's son, Jarad, is on the 29th and Don's wife Dawn is on the 23rd.

It's a long running joke on the Lane that Don and I both had deprived childhoods and fell victim to having our birthday stuck in between Christmas and New Years...therefore we never experienced having a birthday party or a birthday cake for that matter. The Doc in an "honest" effort to rectify this injustice that we've been dealt produced the following birthday cake:




While there are those who may think the "Jeff & Don" banner was perhaps an afterthought and has an "added on" look...I'm not seeing it! It was a beautiful thing! THANKS DOC!

The week in review:

I've been off of work since noon Tuesday, and while I love my job, the last few days have reiterated how being independently wealthy and not having to work could be a cool thing.

Wednesday: Char and I did the Yousef route on River road, very windy but a good ride...as an added bonus (speaking of independently wealthy) we were passed by three Ferrari's and a Lamborghini Murcielago...VERY COOL! Made a quick run to the mall and hooked up with David, Amy and Ryan for a great visit and meal at India's. Unfortunately, due to the limitations of my camera phone and the low lighting of the restaurant, Ryan's first trip to India's will fade away into history as undocumented...

Thursday: Slept late, Short ride, went eat out with "most" of the family (19 of us) at Hymel's in convent, which was quite the experience. If you've been to Hymel's you know what I mean, if you haven't, I can't explain it.

Friday: Started my day at Alliance Therapy and treated myself to an hour massage from Laci...AWESOME! Hit the barbershop for a much needed haircut and then met Don, Doc and Ward for a birthday lunch at "The Big Burrito Place", my name, not theirs. Good food, Good company and Ward treated...what more can you ask for?

Saturday: projected RIDE...Any takers?

1 Comments:

At 2/1/06 19:12, Blogger David Alexander said...

Happy Belated B-day to all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home