Sunday, December 11, 2005

Lazy Sunday -

Char told me yesterday that she had plans to go shopping with her sister today, so I was free if I wanted to plan a "guys ride". I wasn't able to find any takers but I figured it would be a perfect day to get in a long solo ride of 70 to 75 easy to moderate miles. At least that was the plan...after waking up I quickly rationalized my ride plans away. Not sure if it was the cold weather or the fact that I was solo, or what?... But in a matter of minutes I found myself, first postponing getting out the door on my long ride, then changing it to something shorter, then deciding to maybe stay in and just do rollers, and finally, ....what the hell, I'm taking the day off!

The day wasn't a total loss, I decided to reorganize and clean my bike room/study. In the process of cleaning out my bike closet the ole Swiss ball showed up. Which reminded me of the picture I had seen of Vladimir Gussev of team Discovery working out at their training camp being held in Austin.













According to the article, he went 20+ minutest without going off. Well, I had to give it a try! Two things surprised me...Fisrt, I could actually stand on it after just a few tries (20 to 30 seconds) but hey! It's a start!
Secondly, after about a minute and a half, which was probably my max, my calves were ON FIRE and SCREAMING!...and I would assume it obvious- but just in case you're wondering...that's just "standing", no thoughts of "squats" involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home