Saturday, December 10, 2005

Today's Ride --- COLD

In recent weeks due to the end of DST my training routine has been pretty constant...Rollers Monday thru Thursday, off on Friday, and on the road Saturday and Sunday. Everyone has been so busy as of late Char and I have been the only two constants in this routine, however, there have been some guest appearances from time to time, including: SuperDave, B.B.Taylor, Bruce Webb, Waldon, Nixon, and Chris a.k.a. "the Doc". The regular route which started as an out and back on River Road to Yousef Grocery Store (about 45) has recently expanded slightly further to the Mobil @ 30 and 74 (about 53) as the new norm. Anyway, while it appeared that it was going to be just me and Char today, the Doc was a welcomed last minute addition...due to time constraints Doc was going to cut it a little short and turn back at Yousef...due to the temperature and my flat legs, Char and I decided to join him and keep the group together. I was actually glad that we ended up SAGing at Yousef, it allowed for the following find... Apparently, Yousef (like everyone else) is looking to hire, however, in todays world of political correctness, I found his sign posted to the stores front door both refreshing and humorous!
It read:

Now Hiring
(must be 18) and brain must be working.

A true classic!
I actually got a photo with Doc's camera phone...if he remembers to email it to me, I'll post it!

3 Comments:

At 11/12/05 21:51, Blogger David Alexander said...

Dude, you made me feel secure in my slacking, then you rode! Nice job, sounds like you had a good time. Maybe i can get a part-time gig at Yousef, i know the coffee is good.

 
At 12/12/05 06:08, Blogger David Alexander said...

Oh, my bad, i thought you were talking about Sunday. D'oh!

 
At 12/12/05 08:20, Blogger Jeff said...

David-
Not to fear, your justification for slacking Sunday is quite secure here. I'm guessing you burned more calories trying to avoid getting bit by your sisters dog than I did the entire day.
On another note, your confusion with the days of the weekend may disqualify you from that part-time gig at Yousef :)

12/12/05 08:16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home